Wednesday 14 October 2015

First Draft Digipak


This is my final digipak edit. I have included 4 frames: a front cover, a back cover, an inside image frame and a CD holder. There is also two spines, one with the artist's name on, and another is plain black to match the theme of the digipak.

The front cover of the digipak i have created is similar to digipak's I have analysed, such as Lorde's 'Pure Heroine' Album, Charli XCX's album, and Marina and the Diamonds' album. I based my digipak mainly on Lorde's album as she is the artist I have used for my music video. My digipak links to hers as it is very dark in the background, with the bright white text displaying the album name, artist name and featuring song. However, on Lorde's 'Pure Heroine' album cover, there is no image, only text which is a difference between them. Charli XCX and Marina and the Diamonds' album covers both have the artist on the front of them which is very similar to my digipak front cover. The costume I have used for the front cover is very relatable to Lorde's style as she is wearing dark clothes with a large necklace and dark hair. The make-up I used was slightly dark with bright eyeshadow and natural lipstick. This is like both Marina and the Diamonds and Lorde's style.

The back of my digipak is very similar to Lorde's digipak that I analysed as is lists the song names that are on the CD inside. This is a very simplistic idea for the back of my digipak, however it is similar to many of the digipak's I analysed previously. The dark background against the white text is very effective and noticable, which will make it fit well with the other parts of the digipak.

On the inside left of my digipak, I have used a similar image that I used on the front of my digipak which is good because it fits with the style that I am aiming for. This relates closely to the digipak i have analysed by Marina and the Diamonds. Her image used on the inside is very similar to the image on the front cover of the digipak. My image is similar by making it have a dark background and the image shows the girl looking into the camera.

On the inside right of my digipak, I have included a CD holder and designed the CD. The CD links closely to the digipak by Marina and the Diamonds as it includes an autograph of the artist. The colours are mainly grey and white which I believe is very eyecatching and recognisable. It also links with the theme of my whole digipak as it suggests that the album may be dark and mysterious.






No comments:

Post a Comment