Wednesday 14 October 2015

Audience Research

This is the audience research I was able to collect from 20 different people. These people ranged in gender and age so I would be influenced by multiple audiences for my music video. I used this sheet to ask people what their best fit to each question would be and created a tally chart. I found that most people watch music videos 3-4 times a week rather than every day or only once a week. However, a large amount of people did watch music videos every day. Also, the most popular genre of music listened to was pop music, closely followed by indie music. This helped me to decide my genre of music as it is now popular is social media and music.
I asked the audience what their favourite type of music video is, and received the answer that the most popular music video preference is 'happy'. However, my music video may not be completely happy, but slightly sad/emotional in some format. Surreal, themed and studio based music videos were also a large mass of the audience answers. Performance based music videos are the most popular with the audience I asked, however this was only one more person than narrative music. Some people also liked both types, therefore I will try and include both types of performances in my music video. Finally, the last question asked the audience how much lip-syncing should be in a music video, and found out that there should be around 2 minutes of lip-syncing in a music video to make it entertaining. I would like to incorporate lip-syncing into my music video, however not the full video as it may become repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment