Wednesday 14 October 2015

First Draft Magazine Advert


This is the magazine advert I have created. I believe it links very well with the other magazine adverts I have researched and analysed. My magazine advert is set up to be a landscape view, which is different to a lot of magazine adverts which I have analysed previously. However I have decided to use the landscape layout as it is used in the Marina and the Diamonds, 'the family jewels' advert.
This poster includes an image, name, album title, a date and the featuring song name.
The image is very similar to the images I have used on the digipak as it shows the artist looking into the camera which I believe is very effective as she is 'speaking to the audience' to read the poster and recognise it. The girl is presented wearing dark clothes, a large piece of jewelry and her hair is dark. This is all very similar to the style that the artist I am analysing has. The makeup on the girl is minimal as I did not want to use dark makeup as it may draw the attention away from the information on the poster. However, the eyes are very noticable as it is 'looking' at the audience which draws them in more. There is a small image on the bottom left of this magazine advert which shows the iTunes label, which tells the audience that it is available to buy on iTunes.
On this magazine advert, I have included text to give information about the album. The artist's name is a main part of the magazine advert as it is larger and bolder than te rest of the text on it, and underneath the artist's name, is the name of the album which is being adertisted. It is very recognisable as it is in the same font and just underneath the main header. Underneath the heading and sub-heading of the magazine advert is more information I have included. I used 'THE NEW #1 ALBUM' to suggest that the album is well known already, which may draw more people into buying it as it is already popular and successful. There is also a bit of text underneath this which shows the featuring song. This is the song I have used for my music video. Also, I have included the date of the release of the album which gives more information about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment