Wednesday 9 September 2015

Digipak Analysis - Charli XCX


I have chosen Charli XCX's digipak/CD to analyse as I have looked closely into her work previously and I like her style of work.

Text/Font
The text on this digipak is all in bold capitals which is also the style of some artist's digipak's that I have looked at. The text is white, like the background of the front cover, however there is a small faded out patch on the top of the digipak which I think is very effective and subtly stands out. I like the style and colour scheme of the digipak as it is bright and eyecatching but also very stylish and fitting with the genre it is in (indie pop). The black background against the white text that is on the back of the digipak is very effective and simple but it is a very useful style (including most of the other digipak's that I have researched) that I will use in my own digipak design.
Also, the text on the CD itself, is simplistic and minimal and easily shows that the CD is by Charli XCX. The text fits very well against the CD due to the 'C' curled around the circle in the centre and the 'X' is either side.

Image
The only image on the digipak is on the front of it which is an image of Charli XCX. The image includes some bright colours on her clothes, in her hair and make-up. The costume on this CD is very reckless and daring as she is wearing a leather sleeveless jacket with a mesh long sleeved top underheath. Her black jeans are ripped at the knees which suggests she is careless of what people may think about her. Her makeup is very dark and bold which may suggest what the music on the CD may be like. I will more than likely include an image of the person I have chosen to lip-sync in my video. There is also a small sign on the front of the CD cover suggesting 'Parental Advisory Explicit Content'. This is extra information for the buyer of the CD.

Layout
The layout of this CD is very basic which is like a lot of the other digipak/cd covers I am researching. This is mainly due to the fact that on the front cover, there is a picture of the artist, their name on the top and their album name on the bottom. Followed by the back cover listing each song on the album. It seems slighly effortless, however I believe that this is very effective as it is able to show exactly what is on the album and an idea of what it may be like due to the presentation of the mise-en-scene and the colour scheme of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment