Tuesday 8 September 2015

Inspirations / Directors

I have researached popular music video directors and found a few possibly directors I may be able to follow their ideas of style in the video.
Directors I have found:
  • Director X - This director has helped to create many popular, well known music video's for the past 17 years. A lot of his music videos contain a lot of mise-en-scene, and camera angles and shot types that I would like to interpret into my own video. Examples of artists that this director has worked with include Drake, Little Mix, Iggy Azalea and Jamie Foxx.

  • David Wilson - Most of his filmography is animated and uses lots of effects, however he has directed the music video for 'Titanium' by David Guetta. I believe that this video is effective with shots and editing. This is due to th4e fact that most of the shots are bright, some in slow motion, with a simple variety of shot lengths.

  • Colin Tiley - This is the director of many music videos for popular artists this year. I specifically like his music video for 'Mirror Man' by Ella Henderson. There is a lot of shots in the video that I would like to include in my own.

  • Hiro Murai - This director has created a video including a lot of the shot types that I would like to include in my own music video. The video is 'Cheerleader' by St. Vincent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment